Thank you for attending the Enlight’s 4th Envision Career Discovery Conference.
I created this page dedicated to you, so I would appreciate if you didn’t share it with other people. I selfishly want YOU to succeed in life.
As promised, below are my “notes” of my talk with the tools that I use personally to help me build meaningful connections.
Ask The Right Questions
- 5:50 rule – Get to know someone like the way you would if you would want to know them for the next 50 years instead of next 5 minutes.
- Ask questions that require thought. Try to avoid asking questions that result in one word answers.
- People do business with people they like.
- Don’t be afraid to share vulnerabilities. But be honest. Superman wasn’t liked until kryptonite was introduced.
- Dig deeper – Find out about each other’s passion.
- Keep your contacts up to date and categorize them
- Record interest and passion into their notes
- Use cloud contact management like Google Apps.
- Use tools like Contactually to help maintain and improve these relationships you’ve built.
Drive Results with Action
- “Because when you commit to nothing, you’ll be distracted by everything.”
- Schedule a time (and productivity hacks) in your calendar to take action
- Create non-negotiable events and don’t waver.
I Will Help You; But You Must Want It
Success to me is about how many lives I can positively inspire & change. You must want to be better, because I simply will not waste my time on people who show no desire to. Tweet to me or write to me
- What was the most impactful thing you’ve learned or took away? (doesn’t have to be from me)
- What you are planning to do about it?
Change the Way You See the World, and You’ll Change the World You See
“When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life in such a way that when you die the world cries and you rejoice.” – Native American Proverb
If you are like me and want to always create positive change and get inspired by the experiences of other entrepreneurs, follow me on twitter, follow me on Facebook, and subscribe to my blog. You can unsubscribe at anytime. I hate spam as much as anyone, so I much rather have an engaged audience than quantity of subscribers.